PAVEMENT COATING CO., part of the Pavement Recycling Systems, Inc. family, is seeking an experienced ESTIMATOR, for its Jurupa Valley, CA office, to prepare cost estimates for construction projects and to provide cost analysis and assist management in presenting bids for projects, which specialize in pavement preservation. Job duties and responsibilities for this position include:
• Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
• Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
• Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments or construction foremen to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
• Confer with engineers, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
• Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
• Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors.
• Review material and labor requirements to decide whether it is more cost-effective to produce or purchase components.
• Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project.
• Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
• Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures.
• Establish and maintain tendering process, and conduct negotiations.
• Conduct special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or to effect cost reduction.
Desired Skills and Experience:
Our ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience as an Estimator in the construction industry, preferably specializing in pavement preservation. A bachelor’s degree in math, account, project management, or any equivalent field is preferred. This person must be able to work under both minimal supervision and tight deadlines and must have excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
We are looking for an individual who is intelligent and professional, with a sense of humor and who will embrace our “employee-owned company” culture and environment.
Pavement Coating Company is an “Employee-Owned Company” and provides very competitive compensation and benefits. If you are interested in applying, please forward your resume, in a Word formatted document, to Kevin Faust – HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.