Senior Accountant (Exempt)
The Sr. Accountant responsibilities include ensuring the accounting treatment for their assigned area is compliant with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and established company policies. This position monitors and analyzes transactions for validity of account balances, accruals and financial statement impact. Participates in Financial Statement preparation and analysis, Budget and Variance issues, and Forecasting. This position works with various divisions of the Company as well as with independent auditors. The Sr. Accountant works closely with accounting and operations to ensure transactions are aligned with company budgets and policies.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
• Maintain the Fixed Asset and associated depreciation schedules; book monthly depreciation; insure proper recording of new purchases and disposals.
• Prepares various monthly balance sheet reconciliations including bank reconciliations and credit card payable accounts.
• Prepares documentation for external auditors.
• Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
• Month end close process, journal entries, accruals
• Analyzes financial information and by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
• Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
• Provides accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
Other tasks but not limited to:
• Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes.
• Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong understanding of accounting theory.
• Highly detail oriented and strong organizational skills
• Highly proficient with Excel Spreadsheets
• Must have good verbal and written communication skills
• Must have excellent work habits, including willingness to work the hours needed to get the job done, especially when important deadlines need to be met.
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365
Education and Experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or a Bachelor’s degree in business with emphasis in accounting, is required.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Sr. Accountant is required.
• Extends working hours into evenings and weekends during seasonal busy times.
• Spends time in a climate controlled office setting looking a computer screens and keyboarding.
• Attends budget meetings and other financial meetings on a regular basis.
• Some travel occasionally required.
• Participation in company bonus plan based on achievement of established goals
• Profit sharing plan: 401K Company contribution of 10% of wages after one year of service
• Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) participation after one year of service, typical discretionary annual contribution between 10%-15%.
• Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance eligibility on the first day of the month following 60 days of full time employment.
• 8 company recognized paid holidays, 1 floating holiday day, and 2 weeks of paid time off per calendar year.
Continuing Education Requirements:
Pavement Recycling Systems strongly supports and encourages personal and professional development by providing company paid continuing education opportunities relevant to the business objectives of each position. Continuing education delivery methods include live seminars, webinars, on demand webinars, self-study courses, professional and user conferences as well as other approved opportunities. For this position, the company will sponsor 40 hours of continuing education related to the position.