Process and manage the company’s payroll for over 300 employees, which includes entering,
reviewing and processing payroll data as well as other payroll and HR functions. Oversee and
ensure we are in compliance with prevailing wage laws. As well as preparing Union reports and
• Process and issue employee paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions.
• Compute wages and deductions, and enter data to process payroll through company’s
• Review time sheets, work charts, wage computation, and other information to detect
and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
• Issue and record adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive increases.
• Keep informed about changes in tax and deduction laws that apply to the payroll
• Provide information to employees and managers on payroll matters, tax issues, benefit
plans, and collective agreement provisions.
• Compile statistical reports, statements, and summaries related to pay and benefits
accounts, and submit them as requested
• Ensure compliance with all prevailing wage laws, both Davis-Bacon and California DIR.
• Provide guidance in certified payroll reporting
• Human Resources functions, such as conducting verifications of employment, Filling out
EDD Forms, Unemployment (Partial), Disability Claims
• Process Garnishments
• Prepare monthly Union reporting, submit payment and request copies of payment and
Union status letters
• Pull the report for 401k payments, and submit info to our retirement plan provider
• Update the Union Rates and Fringe Benefits in the system
• Fields calls and other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
• Minimum 5 years work experience processing payroll for a medium to large corporation.
• Experience working with prevailing wage rates and certified payroll requirements
• Dynamics 365 Experience a plus
• Experience in the construction industry is highly preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting preferred.
• Experience with Paychex or similar payroll processor a plus.
• Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word
processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures
• Knowledge of principles and procedures for payroll and compensation and benefits
• Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
• Excellent and proven customer service skills with employees of the company.
• Excellent and proven communications skills both verbal and written.
• Extended working hours into evenings during seasonal busy times.
• Spends time in a climate controlled office setting looking a computer screens and